The production of new virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) experiences tackle both technical, human and creative aspects. In this workshop, we would like to invite contributions mixing creative and technological viewpoints in order to share common understandings and lessons to provide better experiences for the final users. In this context, the workshop aims to foster participation of artists and designers as humanities scientists (philosophy, literature, etc.) to meet up with usual ISMAR attendance. Mainly we are interested with (but not limited to) the following themes and topics of interest:
- Innovative interaction design with consumer grade multimedia VR/AR systems
- User feedback and Quality of Experience assessment for VR/AR content creation
- Quality of Experience as an artistic intention in VR/AR
- Usage of VR/AR technologies in art performances and design
- Narrative studies/Storytelling in VR/AR
- Create in/with VR/AR, VR/AR platforms/tools to support design and art creation
- Theoretical issues in VR/AR: philosophical, aesthetic or sociological aspects (relationship to reality, "bubble effect", etc.)
- Deadline Workshop Papers:
July 3rd, 2017July 10th, 2017
- Notification Workshop Papers: August 7th, 2017
- Workshop Papers Camera Ready Deadline: August 28th, 2017
All papers should be 2-8 pages long, submitted in PDF format and formatted using the ISMAR 2017 paper template available from https://ismar2017.sciencesconf.org/resource/page/id/19.
Submitted papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published on IEEE Xplore as ISMAR 2017 adjunct Proceedings.
Submission site: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=varci2017